So I had this problem. I’m posting this on the off-chance anyone searches for a solution and comes across this.
- My bloody Android device, a Pixel 2 phone to be precise, would not be recognised properly by my Google account.
- It wouldn’t show up on Android Device Manager or ‘Find my device’
- It wouldn’t show up as one of my devices on the Google Play Store, and couldn’t remote download apps
- It couldn’t be remotely reset, or locked by ‘Find my device’
- Clearing caches of Google Play apps wouldn’t have any effect.
I tried the following solution first:
And I found a few others that involved a factory reset, which I was not about to do.
Want to know the solution that worked?
MFW my phone was listed as a device owned by a secondary Google account on my phone for whatever reason. I went to accounts settings and removed that MF second account from my phone, and then suddenly I could find my phone listed on my main account, on device manager and everything. I SPENT DAYS TRYING TO FIX IT. Before I did this, I had also cleared the data of Google Play Store and Google Play services, restarting my phone before removing the second account. As a precaution, you could also sign out of both your main and second account, and then only add your main account back.
Hope this helps.